Camp Hill - Eastern Suburbs
Camp Hill was once farming land and during World War II was well known for the very large US Navy Hospital in the area including and surrounding the present Lavarack Park. The suburb was however named long before then, when it was used as a resting place for travellers.
Camp Hill is handy to the Carindale Shopping Centre as well as schools and public transport.
- Camp Hill is roughly 7km from Brisbane’s CBD.
- Over 43% of households in this area are comprised of couples with children and a further 39% are couples without children.
- Stand alone houses account for nearly 86% of all dwellings, with townhouses and units accounting for a further 13%.
- Camp Hill has a variety of housing styles – everything from renovated Queenslanders through to modern units.
- A landmark of Camp Hill is the White's Hill Reserve, once known for its rubbish tip but now a popular sports field with natural bush land and walking tracks. White’s Hill was also once the site of the White family's magnificent home with tea rooms and beautiful city views.